Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Saturday, July 5, 2014

A-Team Liveblogging: Asking The Hard Questions

Occasionally I wonder---do they know they're being ridiculous? Like, all the way? Sometimes I can't tell anymore, and that scares me.
  • Okay, what is up with Dwight Schultz' ass in this program? He's a skinny dude, but he looks like his butt is screnched into a one-size-too-small pant. There are trouser creases, man, trouser creases. Them hip pockets flare, is what I'm saying. I've checked out all the other asses, thinking maybe I was subconsciously using Dirk Benedict's ass as a standard for the whole team. But nope, Peppard's ass has looked fine in several types of pants---and he's def carrying extra weight. I don't look at Mr. T's ass because he will beat me up, but I am sure it is beautiful.
  • Seriously, I'm on my second bullet now and I'm still talking about Dwight Schultz' ass. And I would just like to take a moment and apologize, Mr. Schultz, if by some absolutely horrible act of serendipity you come across this rambling. I'm not trying to disrespect you. I'm honestly concerned that your...part is not getting fair representation. You probably won't believe that I say that in earnest.
  • Anyways, so what the hell? Is Murdock being done in by a mean wardrobe department? Are Murdock's too small pants for comedic effect? I know it's the 80s and a lot of shit was just sucky looking, but Hannibal and Face be representing. What gives?
  • Are those pleated front trousers? What's up with that back pocket? FOR CHRIST'S SAKE WON'T SOMEONE HELP THAT MAN?
A little later and calmer:
  • Wow. Face and Murdock just symbolically joined the Mile High Club. No, seriously. 
  • BA aint even skeered on this plane! Anymore.
  • Is this bad guy the good dad-husband from Hellraiser?
  • Does Murdock always talk about old movies?
  • Poor BA. Murdock is blind and Hannibal is helping to fly. It really is his worst nightmare.
  • OH SNAP! The FTA will send your (accurately respresented as completely incapable of being talked down to a safe landing) ass into the ocean!
  • Wait a minute, why isn't Hannibal just being Murdock's eyes and letting Murdock's muscle memory do the work?
  • Omg...they are not even trying. That's the stock footage from Airplane!
  • Waitaminute, is this Season 1 Finale car chase cobbled together from all the chases before? Are they serious?
  • First Vietnam flashback! Stooooooooock fooooootaaaaaaaage.
  • Dirk Benedict en beret looks more like Sharlto than BCoop. Strange. Also, Dirk probably shouldn't narrate anything again.
  • OH SHIT THOSE FUCKERS JUST WRECKED THE VAN!!! WTF????
  • "Just because he's gone, that don't mean that we don't owe him." Preach it, T. Hey, is this an example of a double negative actually meaning what it means to mean?
  • And we finish out S1with a somber look at what Joanna Kerns did before she became Mrs. Keaton.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say WUT?