Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Watching Spike Lee's "Oldboy" Pt 2, 3, Final

  • Oh dude, what if they fed him false info on who his daughter is? Those tv shows, the specials. What if the Olsen girl is his daughter? Oh man, what if this gets Greek?
  • And at 1:07 we have our gratuitous butt shot. Of Evil Wickus. I did not know that was in here. I will never stop misbehaving if I don't stop getting rewarded for it. REWARD!
  • Pertaining to the plot, Sam Jackson is a badass, natch. EW has some interesting torso scarring. Does this explain his bizarre facial hair? Can he only grow it in that ridiculous shape? The plot sickens.
TBC

1:16:16
  • Oh wow. I really hope that's not his daughter dude. Evil Wickus looks alarmed as well.
  • Speaking of, how the hell does that bastard have cameras EVERYWHERE this guy goes?
  • And what is up with a recent sexual assault victim getting all bathtub-y and walking around in a towel? WTF Hollywood? People do not respond to physical assault by making themselves uber vulnerable immediately afterwards.
  • Oh christ. Is she in on it? This movie is making me paranoid. I should not do realtime reviews. The pause button is my enemy.
  • I like this actor, he's grown from a character into somebody I feel like I know.
  • Well, I'm guessing that ol' Brolin is the cause of EW's scars and he did him some Turrible Wrong in prep school.
TBC

1:41:00
  • Well, it really sucks to be right sometimes. It got crazy Greek up in there. 
  • Now I'm interested to see the Korean version. The plot was a little spacey and a little too neat in some places, thought the overall tone was so grim and violent that it softened those effects.
  • Very strange that it all led back to high school, basically. 
  • Interesting that Brolin took a monastic/Catholic style of repentance. I would have killed myself. But he is punishing himself way more than that.
  • Evil Wickus was interesting. I guess that's a modified Luxembourg accent? Some of his line delivery was a little too "No Mr. Bond, I expect you to listen to my exposition." It may just be b/c the other Copley roles I've seen obvs had a lot of improv thrown in.
  • To the Google! For Lux-accents and plot comparisons!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say WUT?