Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Monday, June 23, 2014

On The Turning Away

So very much of what you feel and think in life is completely under your control. A fact that is very easy to forget. Perhaps it's best to say that it's a simple concept, but not an easy execution.

I came into work today with a mild determination to Be Cool and Take It Easy and Be Easily Amused. That last one isn't much of a problem for me, most days. But, sometimes when I try to let go and crawl out of my basement, it backfires. I turn into a sponge and everyone around me bleeds in. Does this happen to anyone else?

It doesn't have to be anything big. People are just so....they radiate. Their emotions permeate the air. You have to learn to get past that, be separate from the storm.

But. . . 

How cold do you have to become to not be affected by others? Maybe you can't until you are at peace with yourself. In which case, GFL.

I wish this was because I was altruistic. I think it's really because I'm intolerant of disharmony. I really need to get over that. But when I do, what kind of person will I be?

The new "all sugar" Pepsi in a can is the best version yet, but it's still a bit off. Why can't they just use the Mexican Pepsi formula? I have a terrible suspicion that the flavor of MPs comes from some horrid laxity in production regulations. Like extra rat poop = flavor!

Back to work.


3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your day's goals...maybe it's a combination of altruism and an aversion to disharmony. Not so sure that is not an appropriate response. As for the secret ingredient in MP...it follows the universal rule about food and beverages, if you really, really like it, it's probably not good for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The secret ingredient is: cancer.

      An interesting reversal of sorts at work. I'll prolly post about it later. But it turns out that someone I had been going to write off and had recently reconsidered is exactly the kind of person I shouldn't write off. In a way.

      Wording is hard sometimes.

      Delete
  2. Sociopathy has its perks...

    ~LinLin

    ReplyDelete

Say WUT?