Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Where the hell am I?

I'm somewhere past Phoenix, I know that much.

Today was not the best of days. Or really, it was probably the two extra hours of night driving that did it.

LASIK eye surgery changed my life in a lot of good ways. But my eyesight will never be perfect. And tonight proved once and for all just how compromised my night vision has become.

And by compromised, I mean shitty. Dangerously so.

So now I'm holed up in a days inn that I only found bc some rando had a voice actuated gps phone thingamabobber. Which is good bc after my accidental tour of casa granda--arizona's answer to watts--I was quite out of nerve in the motel locating department.

But, you may ask, how can one NOT find a motel between tuscon and phoenix?

Pure, raw, unadulterated idiocy I suppose. I think 14 hours on the road and the aforementioned eye problem didn't help.

I'm quite literally going to try and find myself now. On a map, as it were. Then I'm hiding under these covers until six a.m.

Tomorrow I have to drive on l.a. freeways. Pray for me. And when I'm gone and you speak of me, speak well.

Today's post was brought to you by the letter Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say WUT?