Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Road tripping

This post is brought to you by my bitching new iPad and Dr. Pepper. All without which none of this would be possible, hurney.

I type this from outside San antone. I lack the necessary skillz to post any pix at this point. But then again I've just got one of a dp bottle and a blurry Houston skyscraper. Oh, that's another sponsor--I was able to navigate houston's Byzantine highway system (system used loosely here) only bc my incredible wonderful pal Schneids foresaw my dilemma and gave me a GPS.

So I listened to a lot of music today and tried real hard not to speed. And tried not to wallow in the things that I have been quite literally too busy to think about. My departure was not as I would have liked it. I did not express how I felt, or even get to see some people. And I received so many incredible gifts. I guess maybe I have always been uncomfortable accepting gifts and certain kinds of help from others. Especially in cases where I don't feel I'll be able to reciprocate. I've even felt guilty about work bonuses I've gotten.

Yes--I'm just a schlemiel.

No particular travel points of interest, but here goes:
-there really is a bayou la batre just like where bubba is from in forrest gump.
-I asked how to get back to some road, and the guy behind the counter gave me directions that would take me west, "if you're headed that way." that's when I knew I was back in my beloved Texas for sure.
-this freaking Hampton inn is nicer than my old apartment. And possibly larger than my new one.

Special shout out to my (now former?!) boss, who we will call Diddy to protect privacy and such. The iPad was his brain child. Maybe I should quit my jobs more often. Babby needs a new flatscreen.

Somehow, though, I just don't imagine my next place of employment, no matter how nice, would be able to live up to the send off I got from these guys.

Dude. A Freakin iPad.

Okay. Seacrest out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say WUT?