Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Baby steps, baby steps

The key to happiness and self fulfillment in life is having low expectations. This doesn't, mean you cannot have dreams. My friend and I discussed this during a brief fling with the idea of movie making. No movies were ever made, but I think LEHA still holds true: low expectations, high aspirations.

Its that kind of mindset that allows me to be inordinately pleased with the fact that I managed to finally go grocery shopping today. You would have thought I was a spinal injury victim walking for the first time. Im pretty certain that I come across as driving for the first time in this town. However, the folks here are noted for utter assholery on the roads. So perhaps my ineptness will be mistaken for SoCal insouciance.

I have also purchased a couch-bed from the megalopolis that is IKEA. It's far larger than I imagined. But I keep failing to realize just how small my new living quarters are. While gazing upon it tonight (because honestly, there isn't much one can see but it), I was struck by what it reminded me of. . .


And so I give you the Black Hearse. Quite comfy, if a little dour and formidabble.

I continue to wrestle with mai teknolojeez, and my boss sort of insisted that I go on a Mac at work, to boot. I had just gotten mostly accustomed to working in Office 2007. Now I have to learn a whole new O/S. I don't want to hear about how great it is from all the Mac heads. Believe me, I hear it ALL already. The simple fact is, if I may quote Mr. Bale, it's fucking distracting to try and figure out where your seventeenth tab has gone to as you fumble around with a program that you actually know how to use. In further Bale-speak, it makes me look like an amateur. Which I certainly am in many regards, but I actually really do know how to sort columns in Excel. As long as I can find the damn sort button.

The DVR is interesting, as is digital cable. Though why I can see channels I'm not signed up for is beyond me. I mean, I could understand the value of tickling your interest with one or two, but do I really need to have 15 blocked channels show up IN A ROW? That's just being mean on purpose.

Upswing: can now DVR my beloved CraigyFerg. Did anybody catch last night's show? The man says it himself, they just. don't. care. Well, CBS cares. But nobody on the Late Late Show does. And it is Glorious.

I am glad he is happily married. It helps to mitigate the SSU (Severe Stalking Urge) he induces in me.

Okay, that's all for now Interwebz. Seacrest out.

1 comment:

  1. I like the khaki and white of it all. With the dour and formiddle as a contrasting color.

    ReplyDelete

Say WUT?