Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Big Day of 2 Hour Increments

Say, what's this curious little tableau?

Is it the detritus of an 80's themed rave? Could it be the identikit of an Elvis Costello impersonator? Perhaps it's the evidence from a light cycle hit and run crime scene?

Nope. It's the end of a long day wherein somebody got to hang out at the DMV for two hours, but also got to see Tron: Legacy in 3-D before it hit the theaters.

That's right bitches, my first perk. Also, my first experience with all the new fangled 3-D teknolojeez you kids have been talking about. I've some thoughts on the movie, but that's for a proper entry later.

There have been other goings-on as well. Now with MOAR PIX PLEAZ!

In another few weeks, I will have fingertips of hardened steel and hands like the talons of an eagle. This will be from stupid crap like having to remove my license plate using a dime for a screwdriver (the dime did its duty, but lost in the end). It will also be from assembling IKEA furniture. Which comes with tools you HAVE to use, but allow for no leverage. If only I hand the tensile strength of a dairy farmer. This faboo little $30 number took about two hours of my life, if not more.

So small and innocent looking, yet so deadly. Oh well, jokes on you, IKEA, because I used the rubber cement (from your packaging)  that got stuck to the bamboo floors to adhere some remnant felt to the bottom of this shelf. Voila!--instant sliders/floor protection.

Don't look at me like that. I'm thrifty, okay? Not in any practical, money saving way. Just in a weird, why waste your time doing that kind of way.

But wait, there's more! Looks like somebody has been....gasp...cooking!

And what's this? Doing dishes too? Truly, the mind reels:


Check that mood lighting out on those dishes. I think they are hitting on me. Much like the guy at the DMV today. You know, I can't really blame him for being a shameless flirt--he's just trying to liven up his job.

He read my height, eye and hair color (kindly leaving out my weight) and said, "Don't get no better than that!"

Then he noted my lack of middle moniker, so he gave me one: "Too Cute." I'd pretty much blushed as much as I could at that point, so I told him he was Too Much. Nice to see someone having fun with their job. I also gave credit advice to the girl who processed my registration.

Okay, I'm whooped. Hopefully I can fall asleep at a decent hour. Tomorrow is more fun with appointments and crap.

Have I mentioned the cat that looks in my skylights and sets off the auto-close? Do I just sound deranged?

One bummer note--have to make holiday plans final soon. I'm not really feeling the love, and I'm on the verge of just canceling any and all trips at this time. bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say WUT?