Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Friday, August 31, 2012

Insomnia + Internet = WTF?

So, my body (is not ready) has decided that it will only sleep sometime between 6 and 10 am. Which, really, is lovely. And leaves me so very alert for the rest of the day.

Random Thing I Learned Without Trying And Now Cannot Unsee:

There is such a thing as a sneezing fetish. No, really. And not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just so amazingly pointed. And with so many variations. I never considered how many types of sneezes there could be, and the various levels of classification.

And while I can't claim to have anything as exotic or interesting as an actual fetish, I do have a sneezing hangup: I hate it when people stifle their sneezes. It actually pisses me off. I blame the childhood lesson of "if you hold your sneeze in, you'll sneeze backwards and blow your brains out your ears."

FOR GODS SAKE...LET IT OUT.

In other news, if you are only going to get 4 hours of sleep a cycle, apparently you will have crazy mad REM time. I think everyone I ever known showed up in my dreams last night. It was practically a music montage. And then there was this Very Important Experiment for Science that I was discussing with my dad.

There had been some breakthrough with synaptic relays and the firing of neurons in the human brain. I spent the dream trying to determine if what was going on was that thoughts were now occurring without the expenditure of any energy or if a different route was being taken to fire those relays. I kept on asking, "But is the sodium ion channel cascade still happening, or not?" But no one would answer me. It seemed very important at the time. Please note, it's been a looooooong time since I took Biology, so I don't even know if my question was valid. Remember what I thought GPS stood for the other day? Exactly.

Have you watched Sherlock on Netflix instant yet? Why not? Do it.

It continues to be hot and muggy here. Which I'm pretty sure is against state law. SOCAL--I AM SO DISAPPOINT. I want my money back.

My eyeballs hurt. Signing off for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say WUT?