Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Watching Dean Martin makes me want to

..remake Rio Bravo
..get a better tan
..resign myself ton the life of a drunken drunkard from drunkytown
..shoot some fellers
..burst into song whenever i damn well please
..give up bathing (will also help with tan appearance)
..visit my old boss, who walks like ole Marion hisself
..sport a bandana and drink rotgut whiskey
..smoke cigarettes. A lot of cigarettes.
..get a rakish hairdo
..be awesome in general

3 comments:

  1. Did my post on Rio Bravo convince you to watch it?

    What do you think, Snake Plisskin in the John Wayne role for a remake?

    Bruce Campbell and that Brody dude you dig so much can fight it out to be the sidekicks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I've been catching the last 30 minutes of Rio Bravo for about a year now. I really do want to see the whole thing.

    I propose to you that Rio Bravo has already been remade, and movie was "Blazing Saddles."

    Furthermore, the Dino role was played to Ultimate Perfection by Mr. Gene Wilder in that movie. Tell me he is not dead on in that movie. I heart him.

    I see what you mean about Kurt Russell, he can do gritty and clipped but still have a little sparkle in his eye. Even though I mentioned a remake, I hadn't really thought about who to cast as what. I will have to reflect on that. . .

    It was really just the idea, a singing western with the requisite sharpshooter drunk and the persnickety sidekick...it's an amazing collection of western tropes.

    Aside from Wilder, the only other classic drunk gunslinger I can think of (Martin being the prototype) is Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday. That's pretty much the trifecta of Perfection--should one even dare to dream of measuring up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot all about Blazing Saddles. For shame, I know!

    Give Dennis Quaid a shot as Doc Holiday in Wyatt Earp. He made the movie; especially with the line "Ladies and gentlemen, y'all can kiss my Rebel dick."

    ReplyDelete

Say WUT?