Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Well, That Was A Fantastic Success

Yesterday's invite for group discussion went nowhere. Fast. 


Took a long walk. Off a short pier.


I see a pattern emerging on this blog.


95% of posts--no comments.


5% of posts--at least one comment.


What is so special about that 5%? Well, it's probably because they are the posts with pictures of Hot Mens. And when I think about it, it really isn't that surprising. I mean, Hot Mens *are* way more interesting than me.


We've got a new hire at work, who shall henceforth be known as So Wrong.  


So Wrong is one of those people that makes me laugh until I cry. Which he has done several time in the last two weeks, bless his heart. In that small amount of time, people already are asking, "Hawkeye's head is down on the desk. What did So Wrong do?"

I'd say he's been a bit of a catalyst, as some of the rest of us are talking more, or eating lunch out, etc. My once-a-week workouts have had an effect, too. The effect of turning me into a ravenous monster who threatens to do the Tokyo Stomp if I don't get lunch. So I've actually left the office with others for lunch lately.


On one of these lunch trips, many things were discussed. Preparation H for the use of undereye bags came up. And I have a story about that. And a relative. And Tucks Medicated Pads. And a Very Bad Thing What Happened Next.


I'm not really supposed to tell the story. 


Later that same day, I found this on my desk:




Fur Realz. I about fell out.


Then, this last week and many silly emails later, I received one titled "A PURM"
 GUR I done wrote you a PURM!
 YUR so FURNY
I think I nurd an attorney
Mur burly so furl
From the lurnch were hurd turday
Thurnks for lurfter
Yur srud mur were


Neither one of us can figure out what the last line says.

I have also received Emailz of Awesomeness from other friends as well. My Man-Friends are hitting it out of the park this week. From my hurney Omey, because as he tells me, "I know what you like."



Yes. Yes he do, sugar. And bless him for that.


DirtyBertie send a Police video I hadn't seen. Apparently my OCD *does* know some bounds.








I rove Stewart Coperand. I rearry rearry do.


And finally, a doctor's note for what to do with your long weekend.

7 comments:

  1. Okay, Leonard Cohen is not my fave artist (even in "Secretary"). But this location, the Chelsea hotel, must be a great place in New York. There is another song, same title, on the playlist sung by Dan Bern (sp?) and he's singing about gettin' laid at the Chelsea Hotel. These dudes are finding serious action at this hotel.
    BTW this guy could sing for Bob Dylan if Dylan ever had laryngitis. Just sayin'.
    End of discussion. orchidlover

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! "Chelsea Hotel--For When You Just Gotta Get Yo Freak On."

    Advertising like that would win me over.

    What's funny is that I get a Dylan-esque sound out of this song as well. Except a wee bit more melodic, on key, rhythmic, and just better than young Robert's voice. (Sorry, Bob, but you know it's true).

    But my intro to Cohen was his much later work, which has a significantly different sound. I'm not sure I would know they were the same two singers. Tracks like "Everybody Knows," "First We Take Manhattan," and "Waiting for the Miracle,"---I don't know if Leonard smoked A LOT of cigarettes or what, but his voice is very altered.

    And of course, there's "I'm Your Man." That song sparked a whole debate amongst some of my friends one time, about what people really would and wouldn't do for love. It's a creepy song, ironic, untrue, and yet sexy. For me. Your mileage may vary.

    Thanks for contributing on an artist you're not even really in to--'preciate.

    Side comment: what are your thoughts on Jeff Goldblum?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Considering that the only movies I have clear memory of are Independence Day, and the Jurassic Park trilogy, I like Jeff okay. Need to watch The Fly as your previous post made me curious. Was it "grundlefly"? ;-) orchidlover

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...I wouldn't recommend "The Fly." For realz. Cronenberg. Argh.

    He was a total slimeball in "The Big Chill," a movie I really like. And if you like on-purpose doofiness, then "Earth Girls Are Easy" is a pleasant way to pass the time. It's as silly as it sounds.

    He's one of those people who's definitely an acquired taste, and it's almost as much fun to watch people do impressions of him as watching him.

    He has hands that move like a cross between a flitting bird and a snake, or smoke. They're kind of languid but all over the place at the same time. It's one of those personal traits that shows up in most of his characters---that must be hard as an actor, to divorce yourself of all your mannerisms that you naturally use to convey emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, forgot it was Cronenberg. "Crash" was more than enough of him for one lifetime. I'll do the Netflix search for "EGAE". Maybe it will be instant play. There's nothing on the tube tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, Goldblum is seriously hunky in EGAE, but watching baby Jim Carrey is too hilarious. Cute film. Thanks. Time to sleep...
    orchidlover

    ReplyDelete
  7. OL--

    I'm glad you enjoyed. I just wanted to tell you how cool it is that you took the time to gander at my suggestion.

    Most people, myself included, ignore most recommendation of that sort. You're so nice, you'll even comment on a song you don't like that much. :)

    But yeah, he's pretty easy on the eyes in that movie. I love Michael McKean as Woody. Classic.

    Hope you got some good rest.

    ReplyDelete

Say WUT?