Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

To publicly shame myself

I'm awake. But my calves have informed me that they are Not Available for my 7 a.m. torture session.

Out of shape wussiness continues. I now forfeit one of my classes at this establishment.

I wish I had made this decision yesterday or even last night. Why go through the angst of anticipated pain and an early wake up if you don't have to?

Because I'm an idiot. (Oh, yeah!)

Bodies at rest tend to stay at rest, while bodies in motion tend to stay in motion (and weigh less and have much better cardiopulmonary fitness levels). I know this, and I try to trick myself sometimes by front loading my days---just getting out there and getting going so that I'm forced to get things done. And there are so very many things I need to get done.

But inertia is a powerful force. And somewhere in there is a middle ground wherein you get stuff done but still give yourself a break. I haven't found that space, and it feels like I've been looking for it forever. How can you know something exists, have an idea of its form and content, and still be unable to find it or recreate it?

I got some sage like advice one time to never put more than three things on your to-don list for any given day. Perhaps it is time to apply that in a more rigorous fashion.

2 comments:

  1. I would burden your "to do" list with one more item. Hunter has written the final review. You should find time to read it.
    orchidlover

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Final??????" Say it ain't so!!!!

    But, but, there are, at least like, 2.5 movies Hunter hasn't reviewed, right?

    Thanks for the heads up. And I'm still working through slv, I got sidetracked by something Gene Wilder wrote. Both of which have sidetracked me from this other thing I was really supposed to be reading.

    All of which sidetracked me from finishing up necessary financial and "real world" paperwork this weekend.

    I *AM* the weapon of mass distraction. I just only work on myself.

    ReplyDelete

Say WUT?