Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day, Y'all: Links o' Love

You guys know that BlatherBlahg loves you, right? How to show it, hrm.....

Oh! How about a bunch of links that most of you have already seen? In agreement? Great!

Hit the link below and just let it play through. No video, but classic, completely insane Outkast. Um...NSFW. But when you got to express your emotion, just go with it, right?

Just remember playa, I got my running shoes laced up TIGHT.






******

I don't care what your politics are, this next clip is hilarious. I'm declaring it a New Classic. Let's see who can work these quotes into everyday conversation around the office. My boss is German, so it's extra interesting for me.



******

My leetle seester sent me this. I'm warning you now, THIS DOES NOT MAKE SENSE. But it makes me laugh every damn time. I started laughing in the middle of the day, in my apartment, alone, yesterday, just thinking about this. It might be the Power Chord of Awesomeness.






(I might have just sunk my whole work day looking that thing up. I'm crying right now. They might be on to me. Seriously. Cannot. Stop. Snickering.)

******

The band Genesis is not necessarily equated with scathing, pointed political satire or social commentary. There are a few hipster d-bags out there who will advance the Van Halen Argument*, but that's a whole other story.

What is easy to forget, especially in the wake of Phil Collins selling his soul to Disney, is that Genesis did a lot of great pop songs, and had a pretty good time making fun of themselves as well as others for a while there. And if anyone deserves mockery, it's those who prey on the fears and hopes of others. Watch for the recurrent eye twitch. It's great.






(C WUT I DID THAR? PREY? PRAY? AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!)

******

And here's one for all my babbies.

(Brief backstory: Most of you know about Yahoo Answers, that magical realm where anyone can post a question, and the legions of well informed Web surfers can chime in with their insightful responses. Well, one day somebody asked a question about procreation. And some kind soul gave an amazing answers. 


And even kinder soul created an animation to go with the Q&A session, with the original text attached.)

You will either love this, or not understand it at all. But that's okay. You can still be my babby, either way.

Babbies!

******

So Happy Valentine's Day, babbies! Special shout out to any of my former co-workers at The Engineering Form Which Shall Not Be Named--today would have been my 6 year anniversary. Pour a little of your 40 out for a missing homie.

*Preceding from the often cited, but not proven, Van Halen Effect, Pt. 1. Dissertation available upon request.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Hawk, what exactly is the "Van Halen Effect"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, I'm glad you asked, Omer.

    Dissertation forthcoming. Let me collect all two of my thoughts on the matter.

    ReplyDelete

Say WUT?