Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Doctor Sez: You're a Sicko. Nobody's Surprised.

Ugh. Back from the doc's. In addition to continuing with my current regime, she put me on some antibiotics. She's under the impression that I have a rather intense sinus issue. TMI territory here, blanked for your delicacy: [When I get sinusitis or infections, I don't get all snotty and traditionally congested. I just get irritation. And pain. Apparently my congestion is hard and deep seated. Like so many of my issues, really.]

Being against antibiotics is basically as close to a solid political position as I get. I avoid them at all costs. Whenever I take them I usually end up feeling A) Like I'm doing a great disservice to the human race and B) Like crap.  Don't get me wrong--antibiotics are miraculous drugs that are a boon to medicine. They just get overprescribed like it's going out of style. I will now cease before I descene into a MRSA/flesh eating strep diatribe.

So, I don't consider myself a hardcore scifi geek. Like most things in life, I have a passing interest that lends me some air of credibility when I speak of it. But my shyster-like existence is a pondering for another post.

In keeping with today's earlier offering, here's something wonderful. You treat me like a Bantha, and that feels so cold.



So, heard of Seven Psychopaths? Good prelim buzz on it. The guys at Screen Junkies like to to mix up the usual Q&A a bit, and this is amazing. (Side note: can I get a job at SJ? These guys seem awesome).

In additon to containing a lovely collection of Colin Farrell, Chris Walken, and Sam Worthington, this clip also allows me to indulge in my condemnation of the Honey Boo Boo phenomenon in a non-vomitous way.

Unfamiliar with Honey Boo Boo? It's basically an encapsulation of what's wrong with modern parenting, the objectification of children, the current media obsession with grotesquerie, schadenfreude taken to it's horrific zenith, and why the aliens should just blow us all the fuck away.



Chris Walken is such a precious human being. Did you catch how in all that trainwreck he voices concern for the kid?

This next part is posted without political intent. These pix are just. . . I mean. . . really? Nobody in PR had the sense to put the kibosh on this travesty? Because the lulz, people, the lulz.

People who wear ballcaps to work out indoors are douchebags. Sorry. It's just the truth.
Head on over to Uproxx for the rest of it. But what really got me was the series of quotes they had attached to this picture.

“Yo, bro, can I get a spot?”
“I need more Avenged Sevenfold in my workout playlist.”
“Mind if I work in a set?”
“I need new lifting gloves.”
“Can I get an extra shot of creatine in that whey protein shake?

Despite my current state of decrepitude, I've spent a fair amount of time in gyms. My first gym was an old school weightlifter affair: gross carpet, taped bars, not a Nautilus machine in sight. And these quotes all stroke home. I can almost smell the spray disinfectant (read: Ajax dish soap in a bottle with some water).

For even more fun, check out their slideshow of the inevitable Internet reactions.

And the circle of memes continues.


In Blahg-specific news, I've had a request to add the "follow by email" option. And we aims to please here at BB, so the function has been added. Use at your own risk, it appears to be more annoying than helpful. But I guess you could say that about everything on this blog.

I keep on meaning to wax eloquent about my love for The Mentalist, now starting it's fifth season. Oh well, those snappy waistcoats will keep for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say WUT?