Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The less I have to do. . .

. . . The less I get done. Here's to hoping that my obscene waking time of of 4 am will result in a more fruitful day than usual.

And here's also to hoping that I never run across late night fare as awful and bizarre as "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls."

Sheesh, that thing will give you willies. I'm still trying to sort out if that one dude was transgendered or if he was just supposed to have a bad case of gynomastisa. Yes, I did have go look up that spelling.

ETA:  I meant to do this originally, but am limited in my iPad teknolojeez. From BtVotD, a phrase I will now certainly work into all of my banter with my arch-nemeses (right alongside perennial faves "So says DOOM!" and "Eyes and teeth, motherfuckers. Eyes and teeth," and "Zogar, lookit that!" *THWACK* "Taste Higgins' cable outlet, ye fiendish foe!")



 And is it just me, or does this dude remind you of Martin Landau, but prettier?

Oh my brothers, we'll give them a bit of the ol' ultra lipgloss.




I mean, that's not just me, right?
Aw, hell, while we're at it, I bet you didn't know that Eric Stoltz's's's's father was in this movie, either, didja?


Somebody get me Ann Margaret, I've got to bang out some ginger babbies.

And to answer Omer's question, yup, neophyte film critic and apparent cleavage aficionado Roger Ebert wrote the screen play for this one. To be fair, Harlan Ellison wrote the screenplay for "Valley of the Dolls." And of course, since he's Harlan Ellison, he got pissed off when they changed the downer ending and had his name removed from the credits.

3 comments:

  1. Didn't Ebert write that?

    Still, nothing compares to sitting on the couch, watching that lousy Tarzan movie.

    Or "Mein Kampf, The Musical"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did you have to remind us of that whole early 70s sideburn era? Just because you weren't alive then and find it hard to believe, Hawk, doesn't mean it's OK to dredge those images up.
    --Bubblebabble posts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry my Champagne loving sweetheart, but I a big sideburn proponent, and I sincerely believe more men should sport ridiculous mutton chops.

    BRING BACK THE CHOPS!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Say WUT?