Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Friday, August 19, 2011

A caste-less life?

We all pretend that we live in a world where there are no divisions, no common chances of highborn finery.

Yet, don't we all bend the knee and haul the yoke when it is required?

I don't know how else to describe these various postures we assume. So many times i have said, "It is only for the good of those who still govern. For the good of those who still believe in their omnipotence. Let them think themselves great. It is no skin from my nose."

But tonight it was skin from my nose. Even in my final trod home. I resent every second, shanghaied by a whatever. What's the use?

I am done with these withering limbs. done done done done done done done


4 comments:

  1. Hello Hawk. Did you not enjoy the visit of your friends, or is it their leaving that has sent you into this gloom? I do hope that the morning sun sees a brighter picture.

    OL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been contracted by some fellow named Spielberg to seek out and assess interest of known velociraptors in new project of devouring Jeff Goldblum. Knock, knock...

    OL

    ReplyDelete
  3. OL--

    You are too good and kind. :)

    You have made me laugh aloud. I will endeavor to do the same in the coming posts. Or at least provide some mild form of entertainment as I am capable.

    Thanks.

    PS--*rawr*

    ReplyDelete
  4. IT'S ALIIIVE !! ;-)))

    OL

    ReplyDelete

Say WUT?