Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Say Hello To My Little Friend

Some people will torture you with pictures of their kids. Some bust out vacation photos. I watched some of my friends use their smartphones in a nefarious attempt to share cute fuzzeh kitteh pix.

I would never stoop to such a level. Rude, boorish, and so common.

Instead . . . SCAR!PICSPAM!!!!111!!!!!!!!


Day 3. According to my tape measure this scar is almost exactly two inches long. Look how the dermabond glue stuff makes my skin look all crepe-y and gnarly. This is my "Frankenscar" phase. The role of my scar was played by Boris Karloff in an uncredited cameo.

Day 8. You can see the super glue is having second thoughts about our long term relationship.


Day 10. I held off on picking at the surgical superglue for as long as I could stand it. Turns out I can stand it for about 9 days or less.


So tomorrow I'm back in and hopefully getting the last of the old fashioned sutures snip-snipped. Because a little piece of those suckers sticking out of your skin is a howlingly painful moment just waiting to happen.

4 comments:

  1. Yikes- but as scars go - looks to be expertly done. That takes some skill- I mean - can a scar be pretty?

    Yes, I think.
    Or is telling you - "Dear, you have a lovely scar," just too damn creepy? Oh, well. I'm family, that's my defense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day ten looks like a smile. Scar is happy to be glue-free. Healing nicely, and you have such a wonderful sense of humor ;-).

    OL

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, scarfs or is it scarves? You gonna be rocking one the next time I see you?

    You could be like the cool kids that try to look like a Tunisian raider, zooming across the high desert on the back of a camel, and wear a desert scarf (from Urban Outfitters, but they're sold out) in an ironic way...

    In all seriousness, all of us here at Casa de Carrothers are glad that you're still here on this rock with us.

    Talk to your doctor, Stanford Medical was experimenting with a gauze that reduces scarring a whole bunch. They're awaiting FDA approval to put it out to the public. I can believe it can be used on older scars as well, but don't quote me on that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not too bad, Hawk. Bet it will become barely noticeable in a month or two. And by the time you are my age, maybe you will have neck wrinkles to make you forget you ever had a scar.

    (It's true what they say that old age ain't for sissies. Glad you will be finding this out for yourself! So far, I still think it's better than the alternative.)
    --Bubblebabble posts

    ReplyDelete

Say WUT?