Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

There Is No Freaking Food In My House

There's nobody to blame but me. And you know that's a shame.

Going to be around 2:00 and waking up at 5:30 is load of crap, too. But that's my life. Oh well.

Surfing the tube and what should I happen upon but Dances With Wolves. Dammit. I'm all caught up in watching it, and you know that bad boy lasts for about 11 hours or something. It also brings to mind something else that is quite disturbing: I think I have become a Kevin Costner apologist.

What? Don't judge me! The man's made some good films. And so what if his acting skews more towards Pinnochio than Brando sometimes? I appreciate the natural athleticism and physical skill he brings to his roles. He's an excellent horseman, and that's no mean feat. It's more than you can say for a lot of folks out there today. Besides, he keeps showing up in my dreams and being nice to me.

Sorry, but dreamtime niceness goes a long way with me.

I paused for a minute, that turned into hours, and now I don't know what I was saying. A sure sign to stop.

2 comments:

  1. Costner lost me with Waterworld. specifically when the pirates were doing jumps on water-skis during the village attack at the beginning of the movie. i was screaming at the tv, and Bonnie's telling me to calm down.

    i can suspend my disbelief, but only so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes omer, Waterworld hoovered. But give me Bull Durham, or Field of Dreams or one of a half dozen other Costner films and I'm there with Hawk. Please forgive Mr. Costner his very weak moments, because he can be much better.

    Sayin "Hey", Hawk.

    OL

    ReplyDelete

Say WUT?