Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hullo, Little Priest

Pop quiz time!

Which of these is cooler?

A. Getting to see The Rite for free two days before it opens nationwide.
B. Getting the nickel tour and wandering around the Warner Brothers studio for an hour before the movie.

Trick question! The answer is C. The ensuing conversation with my companion, Gunkle Blip.

Me: You know how to get my old man to see this movie? Tell him Rutger Hauer is in it. He has an unhealthy obsession.
GP: That was Rutger Hauer?
Me: Yeah.
GP: Shit. I didn't even recognize him.
Me: Yeah. We're a long a way from Bladerunner.
GP: Oh, they filmed that in the studio we just passed.
Me: Get fucked. 

It was a magical moment. I'm all tuckered out, but I'm sure I'll feel inspired enough to blah blah blahg away on the movie later.

P.S. I so spelled Rutger Hauer right on the first try.

3 comments:

  1. I am fearful about seeing "The Rite". Looks rather like the type of movie which gives me nightmares. Is it possessed?
    Got to see "The King's Speech" tonight. It is a wonderful story and Firth was spectacular. Then there was all of the Mozart and Beethoven that was used to score the film. Most enjoyable.
    orchidlover

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard "The King's Speech" is a fantastic film. It's populated with great actors, so I believe the hype.

    If "The Exorcist" creeped you out, I wouldn't go see "The Rite." It's a PG-13 flick, but it's steeped in religious hoo doo, which I know really, really creeps some people out. I know I said I meant to write more about it, but that wasn't happening, so I hope this helps you decide?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this bid of dialogue.
    --Bubblebabble

    ReplyDelete

Say WUT?