Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Friday, October 17, 2014

Unexpected Phone Interview

There is nothing like being loopy and totally unprepared for a phone interview. Cheese and rice, that was stressful.

And he was a lawyer. Normally, I'd be ready to go. But I am not myself today and having some congestion medication loopiness. Took stuff this morning because, I foolishly thought, "I got nothing going on today. Don't even have to drive anywhere."

Ha ha. Handy J needs a ride to work after all. Lawyer calls to grill me. Yikes.

Also unexpected: landing an interview from this phone call. I have to go buy some kinda suit for my fat ass. Yuck.

While this is good news, in a sense, it's mostly filling me with an unspecified dread. This is a real job, not something I can just screw off and do. I will have to learn stuff.

I obvs need to do this, because financial reasons. Furthermore, I should probably give up the ghost on any of my dreams and start getting real about my future.

I've had all this time to make something happen and I haven't. Doesn't that mean it will never happen? Maybe I'm not hungry enough. Maybe I didn't try hard enough? I am not sure what to do even now, so I think that's probably a given. Maybe I just didn't have what it takes to really go for it.

1 comment:

  1. Unexpected interviews are STRESSFUL!

    As to the questions and wondering in the last two paragraphs, it requires some reflection before I can even think to respond.

    No answers coming your way, but at least a thought or maybe two, about the pursuit of dreams. So, when my the brain finally gets a rest and can recharge, I will call. Because the subject of one's dreams is important and deserves thought and consideration.

    In any case- I think you were fast on your feet/brain if your loopy interview led to an invite for a followup interview. You do possess a wonderful intellect and wit.
    And a final observation that is emotional like the previous ones - You are damn good at learning new stuff. You seem to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Say WUT?