Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Monday, October 6, 2014

Epiphany: Shark Week?

So I'm watching this interview. Okay, it's Kevin Pollak interviewing Craig Ferguson. Kevin's got what seems like a pretty cool podcast going on: Kevin's Pollak's Chat Show.

Craig Ferguson?, I hear you query. Oh, that Craig Ferguson. Seems to me that somebody has been spending more'n wee bit of time with Mister Ferguson. 

Don't judge me.





Anyhoo, Craigyferg did Shark Week at one point. Pollak asks him what led to doing something like Shark Week.

Craig replies with this long, but strangely reserved, description of shark shenanigans.

Kevin re-asks, specificing: what was your impetus for swimming with sharks in the first place? Because most of us wouldn't do that, swim with sharks.


And I was all:






Who wouldn't leverage their new position/status/access to get access to an opportunity to go on Shark Week? Seriously? Or do you mean someone wouldn't use their new millionaire status to go swim with sharks in general?

Either way, the answer is the same: this question is invalid because SHARKS!!!! Is there seriously somebody out there who, all other things being equal, would not totally go for some awesome Jacques Cousteau/Eugenia Clark(?) sharky encounters? I mean, really, is this even a question?

But then I stop. I mean I stop the interview, pause in thought, all things cease to move.

Because, what if there really are people who wouldn't want to swim with sharks? I mean, given the chance to do so in a controlled and (relatively) safe environment? I mean, I would also really like to pet a tiger. I don't foresee many actual opportunities in life were this might be possible without threat of grievous bodily harm. I mean, statistically, it seems a lot more likely that petting a tiger would get me killed (especially a caged one) than swimming with some sharks would. Those would be statistics I made up entirely in my head, but whatever. The point is, doesn't everyone want to pet a tiger? Maybe dog lovers a little less so?

Which is all to say: are there really people who wouldn't want to swim with sharks? Like, a large amount of people? Like a majority?

Mind blown. Must confer with Handy J and watch the rest of the interview.

4 comments:

  1. "Because, what if there really are people who wouldn't want to swim with sharks?"

    WHAT!?!?!?!

    THIS HONKY CRACKER WHITE AIN'T SWIMMING WITH NO SHARKS SON.

    THAT'S A WHOOOOOLE LOTTA NOPE RIGHT THERE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, I know you can't swim with no sharks due to your turrible sharknophobia. I said "all other things being equal."

      Being horrificated at the thought of sharks ain't equal.

      Would you pet a tiger, though?

      Delete
  2. YOU CAN FILE THAT UNDER "THINGS I AM NOT EVER DOING TODAY OR ANY OTHER DAY. EVER."

    never-ever?

    NEVER-EVER-EVER-EVER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More things I think are obvious: wouldn't you be a paleontologist, if you could?

      Delete

Say WUT?