Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Monday, August 25, 2014

Controversial Opinion Piece

I'm just gonna say it: Dudes, a shop vac IS NOT an acceptable replacement for a conventional upright vacuum cleaner.

It's not. You are lying to yourself and others by spreading this disinformation.

If you have Carpet, you need a real (i.e. NON-shop) vacuum. I don't care how many horsepower/rpm/btu thingies you got on that shop vac---it doesn't work as well.

I don't care that you can vacuum up wet stuff. So what? I've done that with a regular vacuum. Newsflash: I misuse common household appliances and products. Damn straight I've run over some spilled water and sucked up some soggy napkins. Too much water for the vac? No problem--just means you need to wait a while for the water to dry on/soak in. Go take yourself a smoke break.

The shop vac cannot compete when it comes to cleaning fibers. The lack of a motorized brush head along with the suction differential at the floor height means the shop vac will never, NEVER, be as efficient as an upright at cleaning carpets.


THIS IS SCIENCE. DOMESTIC SCIENCE.

It can literally take up to five times as long to clean an area with a shop vac as it does an up right. And I'm not talking just time here, but actual labor. You got to get your back into it with a shop vac; gotta scrub that floor like your brushing some teeth! That apron ain't staying pretty for this!

Literally five times as much work. I can say this because I literally just did 5 times as much work vacuuming a small area. I was freaking out of breath at the end of it. From vacuuming. My arm is still burning. This is both embarrassing and vexing.

SHOP VACS: THEY ARE SO NOT THE SAME THING

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say WUT?