Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Pt. 2

Things I'm grateful for this year:

  • My friends, who make me laugh and drag me out of the house and pick me and drop me off and buy me movie tickets and listen to me whine and laugh at my dumb jokes and feed me and take my phone calls and act happy to see me.
  • My family. They are crazy and goofy and I wouldn't have it any other way.
  • Music. Always and forever. Lately has been rather fanciful and fun for me, including: Chris Cornell, Michael Penn, Tennessee Ernie Ford, Howlin' Wolf, Dolly Parton, Edward Sharpe, The Fray, Radiohead, Shawn Colvin, K's Choice, The Dandy Warhols, Spin Doctors, The Cardigans, John Murphy and Jay & The Americans.
  • Acting and film making, in its various incarnations. So. Much. Joy.
  • Books, and the amazing availability afforded by e-books.
  • My iPad and iPod, both presents from my Gulf Coast friends and co-workers.
  • My particular brand of friend who comment on this blog, call me, send me texts, email me, play Words With Friends, or any other method of keeping in contact, keeping our friendship alive, and letting me know they are thinking about me.
  • My big bro, who's making it possible to travel to visit family.
  • My friends Hotsauce and Mrs. R--making it possible for me to have a comfortable place to stay during my trip.
  • The surprise phone call from my little bro.
  • The surprise Skype tonight wherein my little sis stayed on an extra hour with me just to shoot the shit.
  • My friends getting jobs. It's so great and I'm so happy for them. And they deserve it, for realz.
  • Rowdy Rodi and Jones. Awesome people that I'm glad to have met.
  • Finally getting to see my cousin again after a decade. She grew up into a very cool person.
  • My Uncles. Chris Rock is right, your Uncles prepare you for all the crazy shit you are going to encounter in life. They also feed you lobster and tell you horrible jokes. And sometimes they apologize for things they don't need to. And sometimes they invite you over just because.
  • My Bef.
  • Kitties and Doggies and the chance to meet them all over the place.
  • The beautiful weather here.
  • Nail polish and lip gloss. (What? I can be shallow and materialistic.)
  • Sushi, pickles, olives, cheese, milk, nectarines, bananas, Dr. Pepper.
  • My Endo doc. Though I have troubles, he is always the sweetest.
  • Every silly thing ever posted on the internet. Tumblr for unalloyed craziness.
That's all I got for now. I'm sure I left some important stuff out. The curse of aging and food comas. 

1 comment:

  1. Thankful for the pie which neither broke nor fell & is still causing insulin shock in my bloodstream. And especially thankful for all the help in getting ready for an expanded guest list.

    ~Lin Lin

    ReplyDelete

Say WUT?