Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

It Would Be Funny If It Weren't So Predictable

So, like a good little citizen I went to vote this morning. I even walked to the polling station, since it was only a mile away.

After twenty minutes in line and some minor confusion over whether I voted by mail or  not, I filled out my ballot form and even scrupulously double checked all my entries.

At the ballot deposit the box the helpful attendant folded my stub correctly, and told me to feed the form through the machine.

Then she said, "Uh oh."

Not a phrase one likes to hear in these situations.

Long story short, some setting was off on the ballot collecting machine and it didn't register my form. As I stood there, various volunteers were congregating. A cell phone was whipped out to make an emergency call and a volunteer was muttering repeatedly, "He's gonna kill me."

They assured me that the ballot collection device was only for collecting, and that all the ballots would be removed and counted for real at the close of polling that day.

Because this is so typical of my life, I didn't even make a fuss. I just slung on my backpack and trudged the mile home.

Remember kids, vote early and vote often. Because who knows when it will count?

2 comments:

  1. Poor, babbydoll. You must still have a little bit of the Florida aura on you. The machine got scared.

    ~LinLin

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be a Very Bad Thing is voting in California should become as third-world as in Florida.
    --Champagne rules◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦

    ReplyDelete

Say WUT?