Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Mobius Strip of Shite

Sometimes life flings so much poo at your head that there's nothing to do but post goofy links about interwebz stuff in response.

Loved ones with bizarre medical conditions and undergoing cancer testing? Your relatives' crazy bitch ass girlfriends calling you and hanging up in the middle of the night? Your bank completely fucking up the incident wherein you actually managed to catch the people BEFORE they stole the $600 out of your account, and now farging up your account weeks later and forcing you to do extra paperwork? Your insurance company not filing your cancellation properly? Your credit card company trying to charge you twice for things and sending you messages explaining that you don't get basic math? Dogs next store Won't. Stop. Yipping. All. Damn. Day?

Fear not. Some cool stuff is happening, too.


I found this. It's pretty and shiny.



While the Huayra profile is a lot more aggressive and. . . bullish than I tend to like, there's still something quite sexy about it. It's a bit too Lamborghini for me. But still. The specs are interesting. And gull wing doors. Impracticality packaged in a most enticing form.



And unlike a lot of the sporty mcsportsters, the interior is awesome. Or at least I think so. One review called it garish. I love love love aluminum accents.


As long as we're talking about ridiculously expensive things, let's talk real estate. You know that point in the "If I won the lotto" conversation where you can't really think of superfluous stuff to waste money on? Here's something on which I could toss some extra ducketts for very silly reasons.



 I'd like to think I would use that slide every day.


Some really cool behind the scenes pix from Empire and Jedi at Unreality magazine. I didn't post the best one, but it involved a princess and a Wookie.

Name checking Tesla has long since passed the point of any real geek/nerd credibility. But that doesn't mean some folks aren't still producing some lovely illustrations as to why Tesla is such a rock star. Check out this take on the life of Nikola Tesla. It's amazeballs. If you're pro-Edison, you might want to wear a helmet.

And finally, from a site I wandered onto and ended up looking at every photo: 




5 comments:

  1. I can't leave the dbagging site. It's just so... hypnotic. My favorite quote so far is " Being too cool to turn your hat around when the sun is blinding you is a classic case of dbagging."
    I watched that Williamsburg vid. Why is being completely phony so appealing to those people?
    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby in the bar made me smile but Tesla...and that slide- I am joyous. The shiny car's interior looks like a robot face watching you...I'm just telling you - beware the bots...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...you know how I roll!

      http://www.robotcombat.com/video_oldglory_hi.html

      Delete
  3. You know the Pagani is basically a car that every ten-year-old boy and *ahem* Shik Byrd would draw pictures of before it existed. The only thing missing is rocket launchers and laser guns.

    And if you had one, that mad German we know would want you to race him around Laurel Canyon. And that might end badly.

    But yes, it's shiny, in a mad-billionaire-playboy kind of way. I could also see you totally cruising Beverly Hills looking for GBUTZ in that thing. "Hey baby, I gotz a loincloth you can fill or not fill... it's up to you!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. So. . . how many hipster traps do you want for Xmas? :)

    Dude, that site (dbagging.com)is hypnotic. I read the whole site, all 80-something pages. I think you would dig it, in a schadenfreude kinda way.

    As for cars, I still love my Corvettes, but I'm open to looking around at other pretty things. Got any recent suggestions?

    ReplyDelete

Say WUT?