Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Monday, May 28, 2012

Late Night Inanity



This movie should have a surgeon general advisory, because I swear this thing is making me stupider by the second. It's called Wolf Moon, I think. I'm not even sure anymore. My I.Q. is dropping so rapidly I can't be positive about anything. I crawled away from the t.v. and towards the computer approximately 3 hours ago, but the freaking movie Is Still On.

It's not the worst movie I've ever seen/listened to, but it's definitely made me appreciate the value of what an editor brings to a film. There are three or four different threads of action going on here, but the cuts are so jumpy and badly done that it really just seems like there's 2.5 movies being played on the channel simultaneously.

It also took me the first 4 days of the movie to realize it was a Twilight rip off. Whiny girl voice over. Angsty hairy teen (ha ha teen my sweet ass) boy toy with sensitive skin that cannot be touched by shirts. Literal stalking of female love interest. Overprotective single dad (Hank from Twin Peaks!). Lead drives car that is cool in some universe, but doesn't quite really make the cut. Maria Conchita Chiquita Alonso----okay, so she's the one new element.

Ultimately, how sad is your movie if it's an R-rated horror flick that tosses in some Twi-hard references to try and capture that elusive tweeny-bopper gore fanatic demographic?

Sample dialogue: "Fuck you back! Harder!"

Other signs your movie may be in trouble: two or more musical montages in a row, bad looping on all your villain's dialogue, monster effects that resemble a hairy Hulk.

On the other hand, late night movie viewing can lead to things like Heroes, an interesting little movie starring Henry Winkler and Sally Fields. I've always had a soft spot for the Fonz, but in this movie Henry Winkler is just beautiful. And super bonus points for Harrison Ford doing carpentry!

Adorable.

My bro was in town awhile back. It was a brief visit, but we wandered around just a little. When you hang with a class act like me, you can count on seeing stars.

Justice!


 And the usual tomfoolery and misbehaving.

You'd think after all these years I could make some money at this.





 Back in June of 2007, I traveled to New Orleans to see The Police in concert. Hearing them was one of the best experiences of my life. I never imagined that I'd have the chance to see them play together---it was an impossible dream come true. It's hard to believe it was five years ago. 


Jackson Square after the rain, slipping and swirling like watercolors.

Celebratory champagne, courtesy JDog.

Cathedral from the river side.

Murder at the Bourbon Orleans! Fun with crime scene photos and JDog. She's such a good sport when I get a weird bee in my bonnet.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Say WUT?