Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Freeform Blather

Driving today it hit, a memory of you, so sudden I almost gasped
my hand to my mouth
And there it was, a tiny story of small kindness that could maybe explain
my enduring affection for you that so many cannot comprehend (sometimes even me)

Out and about in a town buried under the waters of distant and recent memories
sights wavering in and out of focus in green and blue shimmers, like empty glass bottle dreams
if you don't like the weather, wait five minutes
It will change as surely as your fickle love's mood

The fan squeaks overhead and we fall back and back and back
because the Deep South means Deep Couches that are Neverending,
Iced tea and wine in the same kind of glasses, Yes, I'll Have Another
And when we're done here we'll sail off to another adventure
(except nobody ever quite manages to leave that couch)

You can't always get what you want, the man said
but sometimes you get pretty damn close with minor effort
and you have to stop and ask yourself: How can I be
So Near and yet So Far? What the hell does it take?
Am i just fooling myself, and i never had a chance at all?

Or did i never just push it Far Enough, Tap It In, Take Her Home?

What if i could Have It Like I Want It, and i Just Never Knew It?

but that all sounds like a fairytale

Some nights are an orange haze, some days are
a fluorescent glare, some afternoons a cool shadow,
some times are the bluest two tone blue blue blue
Some breaths are the sea, and its colors are secret

Some dreams are the sky and so are,  you suspect, the right kinds of kiss

2 comments:

Say WUT?