Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I'd Go Out Of My Mind But For You

The waiting drove me mad
You're finally here and I'm a mess


I've wished on the lidded blue flame under your brow
And honey I wished for you


One day I am gonna grow wings
a chemical reaction
hysterical and useless

I stand in the rain on the corner

Watch the people go shuffling round, down, round
'Nother ten minutes no longer, 
And then I'm turning around, round, round


Set 'em up Joe
Got a little story
I think you should know


I wonder bout his insides
It's like his thoughts are too big for his size
He's been taking too much on
Off he goes with his perfectly unkempt hope


I am leaving! I am leaving!
But the fighter still remains

River, O River, River running deep
Bring me something that will let me get to sleep
In the washing of the water, will you make it go away?
Bring me something to take this pain away



1 comment:

  1. Spanking set of stanzi, if somewhat lugubrious. And two Puh Jamz? I'm shocked! Could make an intersting playlist.

    DJCP

    ReplyDelete

Say WUT?