Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Still Batshit After All These Years

Back in sunny SoCal for nigh on a week now. My attempts to re-order my life are feeble, as usual, but there seems to be a semblance of structure visible through the murky fogs of my tiny studio.

Before I am carried away by present inanities, I should take this moment to extend my warmest thanks to all my friends and family that supported and visited with me during my extended stay to the "other L.A." Without your spare mattresses, spare cars, spare food, spare booze, and spare brains, I'd never have made it. Moreover, I wouldn't have had any fun.

While there are primitive signs of some kind of possible sanity and order in my life, apparently Mel Gibson is still Batshit Insane. Now, there are several parts of this story that are suspect, not the least of which is the source, Joe Eszterhas. Forgoing his history and the fact that he's a late life convert (I distrust converts, they tend to be zealots), there's the little question of how this personal letter got leaked.

Mr. Eszterhas typed himself that there are only two copies, one to Mel and one to Mel's assistant (who must be either Satan Incarnate and loving every minute of this, or else on the strongest tranquilizer cocktail available--DiazAtivaviLoraXanaPam[quaaludes+1]). And I'm guessing that the Gibson PR machine didn't run to the press with this little gem. And since Joe E. is dishing to some media outlets, looks like somebody's looking for some press. Reasons? I dunno. The least slimy one I can credit is pressure to get that movie/screenplay released back to him (Joe E.).

Besides the big giant huge fact that Mel Gibson is a racist, sexist, bullying, misogynistic, terrorizing, paranoid, delusional, feeble-minded, insecure, violent, insensate, douchebag wanker of a disappointment, there are two things that I find disturbing:
  • he is allowed to be around a child
  • he acts like this while supposedly sober
The first I put down to the California justice system. Which I still don't really understand, but so far seems pretty lenient on celebrities. Seriously. Then again, maybe they are lenient on all drugged out DUI freaky deaky hit and run shoplifting probation violating people, and we just hear about the celebs? Hmm.

The second though, this guy is acting like he's on a drunk rage, yet he's supposedly sober. Just on recordings and reports alone, I would have bet SRS cashmonie$$ that this joker was drunk off his ass for most of the time. Can you spend so much time being a drunken rager that when you sober up you get stuck with the rage cycle on a loop in your head? Man, that would be a cruel joke indeed.  "I sobered up, but I'm still nucking futs!"

Melvin's bad behavior aside, there's more in the world. Just in case you've missed it, allow me to drop this earwig in your brainium:



Tink did that to me about two weeks ago. You don't think too much of it. At first. Then when you can't stop thinking about it two days later you realize you've been converted.

Luckily I really like the song. If she hadn't told me it was new, I would have assumed it was 80s pop from Australia. Which is not a bad thing.  I don't think I'm alone in that appreciation:


In which Andy Samberg mercifully does not reveal his junk, yet again. . . . 


And I'm pretty sure this is funny no matter where you live, since these New Yorkers are cracking up all the way through it:


Watching Bill Hader try not to laugh is awesome.

Speaking of awesome, I would for Hollywood to sit up and take notice. Despite my rocky relationship with Mr. Scott, I give credit where it's due, and it is mightily due here. THIS IS HOW YOU DO A TRAILER.




Coming soon: my painful public intervention for one of my future ex boyfriends. Which one? The cracky one. The recently reeaaaaaallllly cracky one. *sigh*

2 comments:

  1. So... as I'm reading the letter while wearing my usual "Mel Gibson is so dreamy" denial glasses a couple of things popped out as being so... "Mel" that they make me wonder. First is "Father Fucko". Second is "I'm not gonna take it up the ass anymore and say 'Thank you, your honor!'. Those are two of the most Gibsony things I've ever heard.
    Although... perhaps Joe isn't aware of Mel's habit of performing deleted scenes from his blockbuster hit movie Conspiracy Theory. He often does his little "one man plays" at parties (when I'm in Dreamland). And maybe if Joe would clean his ears a little better he would realise that Mel is constantly condemning the actions of falsely freed murderer OJ Simpson. As in :The Juice is destroying Hollywood...
    I mean.. Mel Gibson holding a grudge against Jews just strikes me as a little too convenient. Doesn't it? Anybody?
    SB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the "deleted scenes" theory. I may have to borrow that prescription to fashion my own glasses for a future ex-boyfriend review soon. Do you think they can obscure and disguise disgusting manwhorish-ness and drug use?

    "It's research! For a role about being. . . uh. . . Mel Gibson!"

    If only Mel had retired to his Sekrit Island of No Stinky Joos with the frozen head of Walt Disney after Payback. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Say WUT?