Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Creeping Nostalgia and The Sunburn Diaries

Flash Updates: downloads from the brain, to allow me to move on. The brain, it is so teensy, I must dump things from it to maintain it's semi-functionality.

******************************************************
Sunburn Journal, Day Four

The scathing pain has stopped and I can wear clothing again. Though I'm still exothermic, my back and shoulders are beginning to numb. I'm glad, even though I know it's really bad news--it's the beginning of the inevitable decomposition and shedding of that part of my body. Is there a medical term for a reverse hunchback?

On the plus side, my face burn has subsided, and I now just look like a salty sailor.

*****************************************************
Life events have conspired, and Eddie Vedder is all around me these days. Oh PUH JAM, how I still love thee!

And listening to PJ in the town I had the best two years of high school, well, what a recipe for nostalgia. Tink correctly and hilariously tagged Pearl Jam as Sad Bastard music. It's also Mad Bastard music. And I think it's disturbing that I still relate to it so profoundly at this point in time. Should I have grown past this, emotionally and mentally?

But then again, maybe I don't want to. I stopped buying their albums after No Code. My pal Neese says the new LP is worth a listen. . .

*****************************************************

Speaking of reeling in the years, last nights send off of JDog turned into a reunion of sorts. And the wine flowed. A bit too much flowed down me gullet, and bit too much b.s. flowed out me mouth. But the past was all around me, I was ready to laugh away my moody turns, eager to be entertained, and unconcerned about other's motives.  I know some funny, witty folks. And some cute boys.

In a moment of EPIC WIN FOR LIFE my buddy Neese proved again that One Joke Rules Them All. He brought the Universe full circle by saying "Don't feel like a bastard to me," to me in conversation. I kissed him and made him call Bef right then and there. It was freaking beautiful. I can't even come up with a proper analogy right now.

New superpower discovered: ability to make grown men jump and leave table/room/house. Probably not a flattering comment on my personality.

**********************************************
Partial download complete. Back to salt mines.

1 comment:

  1. No danger of sun poisoning Saturday. But Champagne Rules prevail for the second straignt day.

    ReplyDelete

Say WUT?