Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I'm Helping, I'm Helping!

It's a good thing I'm only in charge of one non-essential item for the Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.

In my weak defense, I would like to point out that it has been years since I baked a pie. Furthermore, the pie crust makers do not have instructions anywhere on the package, including the recipe suggestions on the back of the label. In our over-informed society this was strange indeed.

And led to this:



The carnage was grim and expansive:





On a positive note, graham cracker crust is delicious even when you don't bake it. I shall be breakfasting on it for a few days.

I'm no Pillsbury Dough Boy, but I'm pretty sure that crust is damaged beyond use. So it was off to the grocery store on the the worst day for grocery shopping in North America.

I got back home and got to work on this blessedly simple recipe. It at least *looks* okay, but I guess we will find out tomorrow.



I now have positve proof that my oven definitely burns hotter in the back.

Every day is a learning experience. The real question is how long I will retain any of the info.

3 comments:

  1. Pie looks good to me. I have a sour cream apple pie cooling and sweet potatoes in the oven for a food network casserole. Love Tyler Florence (another California destination for next time). Oh, and my kitchen looks just like those pictures ;-)). Can't cook without being messy.

    Happy Turkey Day Hawk!!

    OL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your heart is in the right place...and it only two attempts to produce a fine looking Killer Pie. Alas, we won't mention jumping jacks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was lovely and yummy. Very thankful for the food audiance and fun.

    ~Lin Lin

    ReplyDelete

Say WUT?