Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

I Read Twilight, So You Don't Have To

I think everybody who knows me has heard my ranting and raving about this series of novels and the one film I sat through.

And really, there's no point in saying much more, especially when so many people have already done an incredible job.

So anyhoo, the other day Twilight came on commercial television for the first time, OMG!!11!! HEDEXPLOADZZZ!!!!

Except not really. But I did feel compelled to revisit some of the books and look a few things up on line. The fruits of which, I share with you now.

Firstly, in the Del Amitri category, I suppose I am the last to know that the companion piece to Twilight was leaked on the interwebz. This led to the author graciously posting the half finished draft on her website. And not so graciously putting an ALLSTOP on the completion. Now, if the other books made your brain bleed, get ready for biblical hemmoraghing. I give ye, Midnight Sun.


http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html

My quick recap of this story is:
  • the girl/this girl
  • True Love means never taking out a restraining order
  • chagrin Chagrin CHAGRIN CHAGRIN CHAGRIN
  • Chivalry CHIVALRY chivalry CHiVAlry CHIVALRY CHIV SHIV SHIV THEM ALL
  • chivalrous chagrin 
  • No one understands meeeeeee! 
  • Emo wank at the jedi master level
If that doesn't entice you to read it, may I just say that all Twi-verse experiences are greatly enhanced by the consumption of this fair lady's comments. Here is the wit extraordinaire of cleolinda:

http://cleolinda.livejournal.com/638712.html

I totes read Midnight Sun just to read her commentary on it. I believe her Twilight/Twinkie metaphor to be very apt. I know exactly how she feels, being a willing participant in bad movie watching behavior that puzzles some of my friends.

It's just, sometimes it hurts so good, you know?

And for those of you who, like me, are endlessly amused by CAPSLOCK conversations, check out "Growing Up Cullen":

http://balcarin.livejournal.com/462027.html

This one is chock full of good stuff, including this exchange, which brought tears to my eyes (balcarin and welurklate are posing as Edward, upset due to some pilfering of his scrapbooking supplies):

[info]balcarin: EMMETT YOU HAVE TO GO BUY ME NEW STICKERS
[info]balcarin: RIGHT NOW!!!!
[info]welurklate: COME ON, WE ARE TAKING THE JEEP
[info]welurklate: I AM NOT KIDDING
[info]balcarin: and emmett would be like OH HELL NO I AINT GOING IN THAT STORE
[info]welurklate: I'LL TELL MOM











No comments:

Post a Comment

Say WUT?