Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Confessions

I hate New Year's Eve and Day. They are my second least favorite celebrations. The occasion affects my Humours most severely, and I find I'm often struck by terrible Melancholy.

Tonight wasn't so bad. But as I often am, I was lost in the morass of my own thoughts. Tied up in dread of future tasks.

And yet.

Family came out to dinner and some to the party afterwards. My friends continue to be amazing hosts. I finally got relief from some persistent pain. I'm relatively sane and perfectly sober at this ungodly time of night.

I don't really know what to say. I've quite run out of words these days. Or the belief that anyone wants to listen. Or whatever.

Here's some other stuff that happened.




2 comments:

  1. If I did not say so: Tx 4 first greeting of 2013! Recommend as a theme for the year ahead: "...Take it to the limit // take it to the limit // take it to the limit one more t-i-i-i-i-i-ime." --Written by Randy Meisner, Don Henley and Glenn Frey. Released on November 15, 1975.
    (We have Congress to thank for this inspiration.)
    --Champagne rules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. Needless procrastination sends such a valid political message.

      And that message is: Fire Us.

      Delete

Say WUT?