Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Miss Elaine Yuss

So, have you read 50 Shades of Grey? If you're like us here at BlatherBlahg, you've probably opted for more traditional ways of killing off brain cells, like huffing freon. (Harder to do on the West cost, by the way. Good weather equals less A/C units, damnation).

But, much like Twilight before it (from SMeyers writing womb so untimely ripped), 50 Shades can perhaps best be enjoyed by reading the reviews about it. I give you this giggle inducing rundown, with pictures!

Meanwhile, My Sweet Baboo has returned to the realm of respectable film. Check out the awesome trailers.


Creepy, non? But for an actual idea of what the film is about, see this:


I considered myself fairly well acquainted with the tenets and practices of one of the more popular cult/scams here on the West Coast. But supposedly this movie/trailer are just dripping with all kinds of shout outs and references. What I find really interesting is that from the trailers, there doesn't seem to be an solid villain and hero. I have high  hopes for this movie, and an even handed exploration of the personalities at work would be very interesting.

Speaking of movies, The Dark Knight Rises was an enjoyable flick. I felt it was the best performance from Bale out of the trilogy, and I was pleased with how it stood both as a single piece and as the end to the franchise. There will be people that cry "cop out" about certain aspects, but I think that having followed the characters through the bleakness and angst of all the arcs, this was a fitting resolution.

Don't read this next part, because WHAT HAS BEEN HEARD CANNOT BE UNHEARD, but there was a thing about Bane's voice. [Did anybody else feel like he sounded like a vaguely drunk, happy Sean Connery with pneumonia?] The first time he spoke it took me out of the movie almost completely. Though I can't be hating on Hardy, mainly because of THESE!

It's like the Mafia, Mr. Hardy. Once you go Trek, we never let you go.

 And I can't post this damn clip, which is pissing me. But I lurves me some Handsome Bob, and this whole movie in general.

http://youtu.be/VqrYAcljRZo?hd=1


And for the record, comparing Burton Batman and Nolan Batman is like comparing apples and unicorns. You may have your favorite, but they are such different animals like to declare one "superior" is ridiculous. You might at well say that bears are better than sharks. Tim Burton wasn't trying to make a hyper realistic version of Gotham. Nor was Chris Nolan particularly interested in catering to the comic book roots. Fanboys of the world, take a breather and change your diapers.

Argh...headache returning. Always a good sign to exit the blog world. Hasta la vista, babbies.

1 comment:

  1. Loved the 50 Shades review !!! Spared me ever reading the book myself and otherwise made my day.
    --Bubblebabble posts--

    ReplyDelete

Say WUT?