Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sigils, Signposts and Searching

Some random thoughts I apparently need to get out of me head:

*I think, perhaps, it is the human condition to seek, to be always searching. To expect the breeze at your back will coalesce into a visage. To listen to water over rock and wind through trees and think you hear someone calling your name. Whether it's religion or magic or deafening want, I sometimes think we are all looking for that lost rib.

*If you wish for magic, for the amazing and fantastic, perhaps you will never find it. Or perhaps you already create it, everyday, and have learned to ignore it. Didn't the electron shift for the observer's eye? Don't we know so many things without ever having to be told?

*"Oh, he looks like Evil. Delicious, delicious Evil."

*Perhaps it is all only a case of statistics--of waiting until it happens to you. Or perhaps we protect ourselves in ways we don't really even understand.

*And if we are protecting ourselves in unconscious ways, could we also be hurting ourselves as well? Could we be inviting Despair and all his subtle minions into our lives and hearts daily?

*As much as I don't want to cause anyone I love pain, I selfishly wish not to have to suffer through the loss of those dear to me. That's right, I said it. I wanna go first.

*If you understand something, does that make you obligated to take action?

*If search is the impetus for human existence, then I think that's what painting, music, film--all art--are ultimately about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say WUT?