Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Nothing Gold Can Stay

Tonight we met at the emergency animal hospital. Then we put Chloe to sleep.

Chloe was a slinky, graceful, acrobatic cat. A little princess who didn't seem to fear very much, though she was very particular. I once saw her train a human to give her a treat everytime she laid her paw on their nose.

My tender hearted Moo is crying. "I'll never get used to this."

Though it causes her such pain, maybe that's what makes her such a good person. She keenly feels the loss of her loved ones with no diminishing through time and recurrence. I don't know how she does it: I would go mad.

My sister is feeling great sadness. Chloe was her cat, in most of the ways that count.

My little brother is the unsung hero of the night, contacting everyone, driving the hour to the emergency vet, and burying Chloe tonight.

Perhaps Death exists because it's the only way we can really ever appreciate Beauty, it's the only way we can really know Love.

You are loved Chloe and you will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say WUT?