Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Angst Whisperer

I don't know how I keep on ending up in the position of talking people down, calming things up, etc. I was tech support and babby support and emotional support today at work.

And let me tell you, if I'm your tech support, you are right well hosed. But, I must note that my solutions worked, and allowed a new employee to get some work done in the office instead of melting down while the boss and the official tech guy were out.

Tech Hint #28: Check to make sure all switches are set to "ON." Really helps.

I got instant karmic reward by going to a long, lazy lunch with my Science Bro! Yay! Happiness! SCIENCE!


Science Bro!

Awww hells yeah.
 Having a Science Bro is awesome because of exchanges like this:

SB: Why don't you eat beef again?

HF: Prions, man.

SB: Oh yeah. Those things are terrifying.

Next subject! And my SB was working some zombie theories and actually referenced kuru. It struck a very nostalgic chord for me--I hadn't heard anybody say that in ages.

Then back to office, commiserate with my Brother From Another Mother on what a crazy day it's been, pick up computer, and head straight to my bro's comfy leather couch.

With recliner.

Which just goes to show that I really haven't much at all to complain about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say WUT?