Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Saturday, February 9, 2013

And The Night Lingered Long

Peppered with late texts, late emails, and a late phone call.

The phone call was with a kind friend who let me dally in the past and ramble in vague. Which was very much appreciated, as I wanted to be talking about anything but the present.

Turn on the t.v. and catch the last of The Thin Red Line. Jesus, what is up with Terrance Malick? And was everybody in this frigging film? Just from the last 30 minutes I caught:
  • Nick Nolte
  • Sean Penn
  • Jim Caviezal
  • That guy from Romeo+Juliet and Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang
  • Ben Chaplin
  • John C. Reilly
  • Adrian Brody
  • Thomas Jane
  • Elias Koteas
  • George Clooney
Now Cape Fear is on, with DeNiro wandering about calling out "Counselor? Oh, Counselor!"

Top Gun comes out in IMAX 3D this weekend. It's also streaming on Netflix. I could riff off of this endlessly, so just let me say:


I am sad. And tired. And rather out of hope. But there's still bills to pay, things to clean, things to pack, more things to clean, hopes to dash, laments to make.

So after I fell in love with the sound of Christoph Waltz's voice, I discovered this:



Disturbingly, this just makes me love him more. Am I instinctively attracted to insane silly people? Or is everybody actually silly and insane and only a few show it?

2 comments:

  1. A version of The Thin Red Line was also released in 1964. (Had to Wiki it to ensure my memory was correct.) My date had to drive us to Orlando to see it. I still remember what I wore. As I recall, it was gut-wrenching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is, the film was gut-wrenching--not my dress.

      Delete

Say WUT?