Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Friday, May 17, 2013

Losing What You Don't Have Anyway

This is Nacho.

my stinky orange baby





He isn't my cat, but I ended up caring for him for several years.

I got a call today informing me that Nacho was having severe liver malfunction and the outlook was not good.

I have very strong feelings about this, including guilt, anger, more guilt, sadness, and resignation (and then more guilt about the resignation).

Nacho is a unique cat. He doesn't realize we are all different species. So he hangs out with dogs, humans, babies, whatever. Not much fazes him. He thought his mom was a chocolate Lab that he lived with. She wasn't thrilled with the notion, but it never stopped him from expressing his love.

He's super smart, scarily fearless, appropriately vocal, inappropriately fecally expressive about his displeasure, independent, tough, a great advisor, and fun to snuggle with.

I love you, Nacho. I'm sorry.

1 comment:

  1. Too often, this is an imperfect world. Then you meet and love the amazing Nacho, and that shared connection between different species makes the world a better place. Nacho loves you too...

    ReplyDelete

Say WUT?