Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Head Tingles and Jimmy Stewart

There is some small hope for humanity. Well played, sir.


Mike: You were extremely attractive, and as for distant and forbidding, on the contrary. But you also were a little the worse - or the better - for wine, and there are rules about that.--Macauley Connor (Jimmy Stewart), The Philadelphia Story

The world needs more of that.

Feeling blue and lost? Try a power stance! Allegedly, just two minutes a day can change your life.

I'm always fascinated by body language studies. One of my particular areas of interest is the depiction of power/confidence stances and the division of gestures between genders. I have found that I display classic male and arrogance poses---but I can report that I am not feeling particularly arrogant or confident when I am in that position. In fact, one of the classic sitting poses that supposedly transmits confidence is the one I use when I'm thinking "I have nothing to do with this, I wash my hands of it, keep me outta this." Interesting.

Amy Cuddy, TED Talk.

Also, someone recently described me as walking around with an imperious air--like I was "queen of the world." Cuz you know me, high rolling. Living the life of luxury. Looking down on all the peasants.Off with their heads, yo.

Freaky Deaky: I didn't even know that this was a thing:

Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (ASMR). Basically, this is that head tingly feeling you get when you hear certain sounds. I always thought this was something weird that just happened to me because I was a freak.

Well, I may still be a freak, but I am not alone! If you've experienced this and you really want to squick yourself out, play some of these videos. It took a couple tries, but there are definitely some out there that will make your scalp crawl. <----Actually much more pleasant than it sounds.

Isn't it pleasant to have nothing to say and let others speak for you? Links make the world go round.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say WUT?