Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

RDJ, Hackman, Elliott, Dempsey

What do these four actors have in common?

Well, I've playing catchup on my DVR, so I've seen a few more commercials than usual.

These are actors I'm pretty sure I've heard narrating some tv ads.

Downey--Nissan cars, specifically the "wouldn't it be cool?" one
Hackman--Lowes hardware, I think
Elliott--some trucks, but I'll be damned if I can recall. Chevy, GMC
Dempsey--these werebawhile back, but maybe it was Mitsubishi?

Finally caught up on The Mentalist and Criminal Minds. CM is awesome bc they hired back all the chick characters. And it was all worth it for Reid's sotto voce vow to Morgan, "I will crush you."

4 comments:

  1. Hi Hawk. I can't verify those celeb voice-overs, but I know 3 others for sure. Richard Thomas does seasonal voice for Mercedes-Benz, Betty White is the voice of Clear Choice that does dental implants and veneers, and our man Jimmy is the voice of Acura. There must be decent money in this for them because Spader has been voicing Acura ads for years.

    OL

    ReplyDelete
  2. OL, what up???

    I had heard about Jimmy's work, but since I didn't figure it out for myself I didn't feel right posting it. :)

    I've never seen the Betty White commercials, but I pretty much support all things BWhite.

    So John Boy shills for Mercedes, eh? It makes sense, he has a very rich, wholesome, comforting type sound.

    It's kind of insidious, isn't it? I wonder how many actors do this, and we unconsciously trust them because of associations from their work. I mean, would John Boy really steer me wrong? (I say hell yes, but I'm weird.)

    I remembered another one: David Duchovny for some dog food, maybe Pedigree?

    I could look this stuff up, but I have more fun doing it this way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I'm pretty sure Kiefer Sutherland does Bank of America ads.


    Baaaaad Kiefer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I just heard Malcom McDowell doing a commercial for POM juice.

    ReplyDelete

Say WUT?