Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Blather. Wince. Repeat.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

I Don't Know Why You Say Hello, I Say Goodbye

Just a quick check in and apology to any of my regular (or irregular, I'm not that familiar with your fibre intake) followers and cohorts in the blog-o-sphere. I'm about to be off on a trip, and my recent time has been filled with all that crap you do that isn't the insane that gets done the two hours before you leave.

I'm afraid I haven't kept up with others, but maybe on this trip I'll have a moment or two and some free wi-fi to filch, and I can.

On paper it looks like a long stretch, and it's more than a week. But the reality is, by the time you factor in travel (3 days worth, total), the different locations, and everyone's varying schedules, it will be a novelty if I see someone more than once. There are a few people that will definitely see me for several days, whether they like it or not. But that's more circumstance than actual planning.

I expect to arrive home Easter Sunday feeling a lot more like the pre-risen Christ. Would that be unleavened Jesus? Wow, I guess he really *was* Jewish. At least until that moment.

The only miracles I'm looking for right now involve my friend's little grey kitten, may she recover from a car hitting her. I'll throw in that a cessation to these cramps and associated symptoms would be nice. Other than that, I will spend this trip trying to mindful of the gift of time it allots with some relatives, while simulteneously not trying to fret about time, timing, and all things related.

My first red eye flight--and it's not even a straight shot! I call foul. Wish me luck. And wish me a sudden overwhelming sense of forbearance--not for my sake, but for others.

Above all things, keep it smooth.

I hope I get to spend some time with my sister. I hope I get to sit in the sun. I hope I get to sleep some.

4 comments:

  1. tell moo, doo, and hollerine we sez hi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe journey Hawk.

    ?. Did you put me onto a Clooney film called "Up in the Air"? It arrived from netflix this week and I enjoyed it, but have no clue why it was in my queue. I loved all the views from 30,000 feet. I've seen so many of them before. Flying I love; airports I hate.
    OL

    ReplyDelete
  3. OL--

    Ha! That's pretty funny--I think I know what happened. I highly recommend "Out of Sight," with Clooney. I've seen parts of UITA, and it seemed pretty good. I know the buzz around it was intense.

    I'm with you---flying is great. Airports are hell. Unless you are lucky enough to be with a frequent flyer and stay in the Delta Lounge or whatever.

    THAT is a whole different world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omer--

    They say "hey" back, and Mom sez your babby is super cute.

    ReplyDelete

Say WUT?